Sunday, August 17, 2008

Lydia's fun time


At first I was a little disappointed about the family reunion because I really wanted the campsite all to myself so I could go around and look for rocks. I was looking at the rocks down in my favorite rock place when I saw a pretty extraordinary rock. It was a big purple one. I was holding it when all of the sudden a big piece of it fell off. I looked down and picked it up and I went to show it to some of the kids at the family reunion. I made friends this way. I just happened to show it to a boy named Jared. I showed him our tent. Then he showed me theirs. It was cool. I decided to trick the grown ups--I went and got Aunt Mary to show her Jared's tent and I had her walk past a little hole. Jared tickled her feet. Then we went to have dinner. I really had a fun time with Jared. I also liked meeting Andrea who loves horses just like I do.

The next day I went to the lake and played with some rocks. I also went into a deep part where it was to my neck. I wore my Crocs in the water because it was so rocky on the ground. Isn't the lake pretty? The water was freezing cold.

We went to Yellowstone the next day. We went to the geyser place and saw little paint pots and the bubbling things- springs? We saw a bison there. This is a picture of all of us by Old Faithful-- Aunt Sarah, Gramma Grandpa and me. This is just the end. It was much taller and higher before.

Thank you for taking me Gramma and Grandpa Wood! It was so fun to be with you and meet more people in my family.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Thanks for being the first to post, Lydia! I miss you, too. I hope you're having fun in 2nd grade!

felix said...

That's cute. I love it how you described some of the things.

davidwood said...

Gramma and I are so glad that you could come with us to the reunion. It was wonderful to see so many of our family members in such a beautiful setting! Thanks for sharing your comments, Lydia.